Friday, March 28, 2008

So Things

Hey.
So what's been up this past week? I was denied the job with Dan Wigutow. I got a job with Open Student Television Network and I have another interview with Arts Engine. I'm still holding out hope. And if I keep delaying these summer plans I may very well be homeless in May and living out of a subway station bathroom ala Will Smith.

We had the shoot for Gregor's movie and it went really well. It was strange to work on something where the actor didn't finish his lines and step behind the camera to hold up a flag or boom. Whoah professional!

The thing I liked best about the shoot though is it confirmed for me that I want to work in film and I most likely want to produce movies. It's kind of scary to pick a life plan like that. It's also kind of cool to think "hey I might be good at this one day". But mainly it's scary because the odds are hight that I will never find a job and wind up working at a Dunkin Donuts in Brooklyn (because come hell or high water I have pretty much decided to live in New York).

On Wednesday UFO (the whole 5 of us) went up to Ann Arbor to see a program in the AAFF. The program we saw was mostly experimental, some were good some were frustratingly arty. Really, 12 minutes of manipulated Hitchcock footage is more that I can take.
But I have to say that Ann Arbor is charming, it has all that small town charm of BG + better food and movie theaters minus rednecks and confederate flags. (to be fair they may have rednecks and confederate flags I just didn't see any).

I think that's it.
Have a good weekend.

No comments: